The Mid Term elections are just three weeks away and try as they may the Demcorats have still not found an issue, scandal or anything else to tie their poltical fortunes on that is shaping the voting public as they wish. Fortunatly the days of the three networks liberal control of all media information through the, "big, " three and papers like the New York Times are a thing of the past and the usual left leaning reporting that shaped the political atmosphere is to a thing of the past. Todays voter is better informed from many different and diverse media sources and as such makes an intelligent choice concerning who to vote for based on the issues and knowledge of the issues. Additionally all of the political flak that developes during an election year amounts to nothing until the final two to three weeks prior to an election. The reason being that though better informed the average voter really does not pay much attention to politics until just before the elelction. We who are news junkies and visit the blogs as well as discuss politics with others on a regular basis view the actions from Washington through a micorscope because we are among the minority of Americans who are poltically active and involved in the day to day business of polititcs. Most Americans could care less and as such only start paying attention just before any election and are much less interested in a Mid Term election because it does not involve the election of a President. With that said the final push before the November 7th Mid Term election begins in earnest today as both parties will turn up the heat to court the majority of voters who are just now beginning to pay attention and decide how to vote. In that number there is a large percentage both Republican and Democrat who even though just beginning to look at the election will vote according to party affiliation and the next few weeks will not change their mind one way or another. The entire election cycle now boils down to those who are beginning to look and make up their mind at the last minute.
With this in mind first I want to share a very interesting poll result from a different source than is usually quoted when discussing polls. Let me preface this with the fact that polls can be manipulated through the questioning and as such I, even though politically active pay little attention to the polls and also have noticed that much of the polling in previous elections has missed the mark by a great deal. The only poll that truly counts is that which shows election day results after the real, "Polls," have closed. What made this particular poll interesting is that it did not invole the asking of questions which tend to manipulate polls in favor of one view or another. It also did not invole a sampling of voters which too can manipulate a poll since they are never balanced as to the numbers because when the sampling is studied it tends to have a larger percentage of Demcorats in the polling data. The poll also did not come from a polling entity but was a combination of data compiled by CSPAN to show how the House election is shaping up. In this compilation it showed that Republicans have 212
, "safe, " seats while Democrats have 199
. Additionally it showed that there are only 15
seats that could go either direction. Now what makes this interesting is that in order to have a majority it requires 218
seats. Which indicates the Republicans need only 6
of the 15
to retain the majority
while Democrats need 19
of the 15
to gain a majority. Now I am not a professional accountant but if this compilation is even close to correct the numbers just do not add up for the Democrats, which seems to completely disagree with the media spin that the country as a whole prefers Democrats over Republicans.
If the Demcorats were to win the House what do we face as far as leadership ? Providing that each of the House members that I am listing win re-election here a few examples of how the House will be shaped by Democrat control.Speaker
- Nancy Pelosi
- as speaker this would also place her third in line for the Presidency which sends chills down my spine. She has a very radical left view and has indicated time and agains that she favors immediate pull out from Iraq regardless of the consequences, eliminating the tax cuts, socialized madical care, returning the pursuit of terrorists to the courts and one on one talks with North Korea.Judiciary
- John Conyers
- Conyers has been attempting for quite some time to bring impeachment charges against the President. Based on no evidence and formed by his anger toward Bush only. As Chairman of the Judicary Commitee he has already indicated that he would seek impeachment which of course will accomplish nothing other than tying the hands of the White House up in answering demands for information and showing up for hearings to the point that over the final two years of the Bush administration more time wll be spent answering Conyers than doing the business of the country and especially the war effort.Ways and Means
- Charlie Rangel
- though a very liberal, liberal Rangel is very honest in what he says and does not beat around the bush in what he will do. He has stated that he will repeal all of the Bush tax cuts and will raise taxes period. By the way he would also chair the Joint Commitee on Taxation.Energy and Commerce
- John Dingell
- Dingell is also a liberals, liberal who firmly believes in regulation for regulations sake. Not only would he regulate big and small business but in doing so we would kiss this strong economy goodbye as regulation would stop business growth and thus stagnate the economy.Intelligence
- Jane Harman
- she believes that terrorists are only criminals and as such should be handled by the court with indictments. Whether they are caught or not does not matter because they will shake in their boots when they learn of the federal indictment from The United States. She is also opposed to any type of interrigation of terrorists other than simple questioning.Majority Leader
- John Murtha
- if you think this loud mouth who continually insults our military and those who serve is vocal now imagine how he would be as Majority Leader. His mug would be in front of every camera and before every mike and our troops would suffer the most with his false desimated military rhetoric.
This is a House which would spell disaster! Thankfully it is not a reality and I truly believe will not be a reality. Regardless of the rhetoric the people see through the political scemes and dirty polictics. When November 7th arrives and the American people vote they will ask themselves who will best protect this nation and provide for its security which is the number one issue among many issues and the answer is clear. Though their failures and shortcomings are many the Republicans will better portect this nation and will allow the economy to continue its record growth.